The COTELCO Scholarship Program was first launched in 1994. The paramount aim of the cooperative is to provide opportunity to deserving new high school graduates to enter college through a Scholarship.
A Scholarship Program is also established to ease up the educational expenses of an indigent member’s son or daughter who will be entering college. The applicants will be subjected to a screening procedure which, when approved, will entitle them an assistance of P7, 000.00 per semester.
Nature of Scholarship
- The program grants scholarship to qualified applicants entering first year College in any government schools within the coverage area of COTELCO;
- The scholarship’s may be enjoyed for four (4) years provided the awardees maintain an average of 85% or its equivalent in all subjects enrolled and has no grades below 80 to qualify/finish any collegiate four-year course;
- The number of grantees in a year shall be based on the number of graduates in the preceding school year;
- COTELCO will allocate an amount of Seven Thousand Pesos per Scholar per semester;
Who May Qualify for the Scholarship?
- The applicant must be a son or daughter of a member/consumer of the cooperative;
- The applicant must enter College in the first semester
- The applicant must not be a recipient of any scholarship grant; whether full or partial;
- The applicant must not be related to any COTELCO officials or employees and relatives up to the third civil degree of consanguinity or affinity;
- The applicant must have achieved an average mark of 85% in all subjects in High School. Applicant must submit a copy of their report card, and other school records;
- The applicant must meet the pre-qualifying examination entrance requirements.
- The applicant must possess good community standing and be in good health.
- Only one sibling per family shall be considered for the program.
- Final evaluation of the applicant shall be conducted by the Institutional Services Department and successful nominees be presented to the Board for confirmation.
The Pre-Qualifying Examination Shall Include:
- English Assessment
- Math Assessment
- Filipino Assessment
- Abstract Reasoning
- High School Report Card (85 % General Average)
- High School Diploma
- Birth Certificate
- Certification of COTELCO Membership
- Official Receipt of power bill in the name of the Applicants Parents –Latest and original copy
- Good Moral Character
- Doctors’ Certificate
- 1 pc 2 x 2 colored ID photo
- MSD Application Form